How does it work?
The Atlanta Blockchain Center’s Immutable Scholars Program is a semester-long hands-on learning experience for students on the cutting edge of digital ledger technology. Created by blockchain industry veterans, our mission is to educate Scholars through mentorship, technical development, and in-depth academic sessions at the intersection of the Internet and finance. Our goal is to equip tomorrow’s leaders with proficiency in blockchain and prepare them for a future of innovation.
Immutable Scholars starts after the add/drop period every semester and accepts 10 students per cohort. Sessions are held up to twice a month at alternating locations between partnering college campuses and Atlanta Blockchain Center’s Buckhead location.
Atlanta-based students in all majors, with a minimum 3.0 GPA are welcome to apply for the Immutable Scholars program.
Fast-track your future and be a part of the next evolution of the internet. Scholars are eligible for a USD Coin award for Best Capstone Project, career opportunities and a vast network to springboard their career. Successful Scholars receive an Immutable Scholar NFT, with lifetime membership to the Atlanta Blockchain Center ecosystem.
- Freshmen and sophomores eligible for $1000 USD Coin (USDC) award for Best Capstone Project
- Be on the forefront of the next evolution of finance and v3 of the Internet
- Fast-track to future career opportunities and internships in blockchain
- Immutable Scholar NFT upon completion, with lifetime membership to Atlanta Blockchain Center ecosystem
- Network and interact with industry veterans at the Atlanta Blockchain Center, Atlanta’s first blockchain incubator and web3-focused coworking space
Students will complete Immutable Scholars with a deeper understanding of blockchain technology and its impact on the future. They will establish relevant technical skills, develop personal connections and build a network of like-minded peers. Programming will cover emerging blockchain disciplines and will include:
- Cryptocurrencies, DeFi and Investing
- Token Economics (AKA “Tokenomics”)
- NFTs and the New Creative Economy
- Evolution of Web 1, 2 & 3
- DAOs and the Future of Org Structures
- Regulation, Legal, and CBDCs
- Proof of Work and the Climate
- Blockchain Trilemma and Quadrilemma
Completing a Capstone project in one of the following is also required:
- Creating a single-page Web3 site that interacts with MetaMask by sending a signed transaction to the blockchain;
- Writing a 5-page whitepaper for a project, including an overview, problem and solution, tokenomics, team, and roadmap;
- Creating a crypto-themed company name and building its community channels, including Telegram, Twitter, Discord, Reddit, and Bitcointalk
- Develop an NFT (non-fungible token) collection and make it available for sale in an NFT marketplace
SVP, Communications, Hedera
Founder & VC, Beyond The Game Network
Legal & Business Advisor, Baker Donelson
Corporate Innovator, Cox Communications
Elizabeth A. Morrison
Partner Success, Unstoppable Domains
Founder, Babylon Web3 Academy